Students who graduate with a SIBT diploma can select from a variety of university pathway options to progress into second year of a bachelor degree. This means that students can get 2 qualifications – a diploma, and a university degree.
A pathway to university
From February 2016, SIBT is introducing two new university pathway options, La Trobe University (Sydney) and Western Sydney University. Students who graduate from a SIBT diploma can progress directly into second year of the qualifying bachelor degree at their chosen university. To find out more about our diploma programs and what courses you can study at university, see our program guide.
La Trobe University Sydney Campus
- Among the top 400 universities in the world (Times Higher Education 2015).
- QS 5 stars world university ranking by subject 2015 for communication and media studies (9th nationally), accounting, finance and law (world’s top 200) and computer science and information systems (world’s top 400).
- Ranked among the world's top 100 elite institutions in more than a third of the areas assessed (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014).
- Ranked amongst the world's best modern universities under the age of 50 (THE, The 100 Under 50 Universities, 2015).
Visit the La Trobe University Sydney Campus website for more information on the university.
Western Sydney University
- Ranked among the top 20 of Australian universities
- 2015 Good Universities Guide 5 star rating for quality teaching and generic skills
- 70% of the university’s assessed research has been ranked at world class or better in the 2012 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) national report
- QS 5 stars world university ranking for facilities, inclusiveness, innovation and teaching
- Top 100 Young Universities in the World (Times Higher Education)
- Top 2 percent of universities worldwide (Times Rankings 2014)
Visit the Western Sydney University website for more information on the university.
For SIBT students who already have a packaged study offer with Macquarie University, articulation to second year studies is still an option for you.
- Ranked among the top 2% of universities in the world (Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2014)
- QS 5 stars world university ranking its performance in graduate employability, teaching, research, facilities, innovation, internationalisation, access and specialist subjects
- 9 subjects ranked in the top 100 globally (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2015)
- 85% of the university’s assessed research has been ranked at world class or better in the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) national report
For further university options, call +61 2 9964 6555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to come in and meet us.