Transferring to Macquarie
Over 90 per cent of SIBT students successfully graduate and go on to continue the second year of their undergraduate degree at Macquarie University.
However, there are some conditions that you need to meet.
- The minimum requirement is a pass in 8 diploma units.
- Some degree programs require a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Australian citizens and permanent residents require a minimum GPA of 1.5 for transfer into all courses.
What is a GPA
Each SIBT student who completes an SIBT diploma will receive a Grade Point Average (GPA). This is a score between 0 and 4.0 that reflects the student's average academic achievement during the course. GPA calculations are relevant only where there is a minimum GPA requirement to proceed to the related degree program at Macquarie University. For example, the Bachelor of Business Administration has a GPA entry requirement of 2.0.
- A student who achieves a passing grade in 8 units with no fails has a GPA of 2.0.
- A student who attempts 8 units and achieves 4 passes and 4 credits will have a GPA of 2.5.