Support your studies at SIBT with a choice of bursaries and scholarships available. SIBT helps students achieve their academic ambitions and personal goals while recognising and rewarding top talent.
Navitas family bursaries
The bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fee for up to 8 units of study within one program only with a Navitas member institution. The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken and excludes mixed English options.
How do I qualify?
- Family Bursary applies where two or more students from the same family study at a Navitas institution.
- The first family member can be studying at a Navitas institution at the same time as the other family members or may have studied at any Navitas institution previously.
- The family bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study at a Navitas institution.
- Not have previously received a Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter or stepchild.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the bursary will be recorded on the student's account each semester of study.
- The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken.
- Navitas bursary is not applicable to English language program or any component of any English language program offered by Navitas member institutions.
Navitas member institutions
The Navitas bursary applies to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, Deakin College, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, Griffith College, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe Melbourne, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, LBIC, NIC, PUIC, PIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at UNH, UC College, UCIC, UNIC, Western Sydney University International College, and Western Sydney University – Sydney City Campus
A completed application must be submitted to the Navitas institution together with supporting documents, such as birth certificate, or family card. Application form can be obtained from the Navitas institution where the student has enrolled.
Navitas academic merit scholarship
The Navitas Academic Merit Scholarship is awarded each semester to two students who achieve the most outstanding results across all programs at SIBT.
The scholarship is equivalent to one academic semester or part thereof (maximum of up to four academic subjects) for a diploma.
How do I qualify?
To be eligible a student must:
- Be a continuing (current) student, enrolled and studying towards a Navitas diploma
- Be currently studying full-time
- Have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in the semester prior to being eligible for the scholarship
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account
- Not be in receipt of a Navitas/SIBT scholarship or bursary, nor had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas/SIBT withdrawn.
How do I apply?
Students are not required to apply for the scholarship as it is awarded based on academic performance, and all students are eligible.
Terms and conditions
- Two scholarships are awarded each semester.
- The scholarship applies to the second semester of enrolment only or the final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program. Students are liable to pay for any additional courses / subjects undertaken.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student's account during their second semester of study or their final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their second semester of study or final semester of study for undergraduate/postgraduate programs to retain their scholarship.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or Navitas member institutes in any circumstances.
- Navitas member institution reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic results (GPA) from their previous semester of study. Should two students have identical academic results, the scholarship panel will refer back to marks awarded within each subjects/course to ascertain the scholarship recipient.
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants.
- Outcome of scheduled interview (if required)
Notification of results
The scholarship panel from SIBT will announce the recipients of the Navitas academic merit scholarship upon the completion of each semester and the release of the results. The recipients will be notified by telephone/email.
Navitas member institutions
The Navitas bursary applies to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, Deakin College, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FAU, FIC, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, La Trobe Melbourne, LBIC, PUIC, PIBT, QIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at WKU and Navitas at UNH only.