Sydney's City to Surf has 80,000 participants annually and is the world's largest fun run.
Sydney Harbour Bridge
The Sydney Harbour Bridge is 49 meters wide - the widest single span bridge in the world.
'Bondi' or 'Boondi' is an aboriginal word meaning water breaking over rock or noise of water breaking over rocks.
Pitt St, located in Sydney's CBD, is not only famous for being Sydney's shopping hub; it's also the second longest street in Australia.
Sydney is one of the world’s truly great multicultural cities, with a population representing more than 180 different national backgrounds. Recently named as the fourth most popular city in the world for international students by QS Top Universities, Sydney is a great choice for students wanting to study in a vibrant, cultural, lively city.
The diverse population in the Greater Sydney area makes up 4.76million people. Sydney is the 6th safest city in the world, and so for this reason, it’s a destination of choice for many international students*. There are a variety of easily accessible transport options available in Sydney, including bus, train, ferry or bike!
*(The Safe Cities Index 2015, a report by The Economist Intelligence Unit)
Things to do
- Visit the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Enjoy free fireworks in Darling Harbour
- Be entertained at one of Sydney’s many festivals, including Chinese New Year, The Festival of Sydney and many more!
- Taste a variety of international cuisines, from Chinese yum-cha to Indian Curry and Australian BBQ
- Explore one of 100+ Sydney beaches including the world famous Bondi Beach, just a short bus journey from campus.
- Discover wonderful walks along Sydney’s spectacular coastline, or at one of the enchanting national parks and try to spot some of the wildlife which is unique to Australia.
- Experience a sunny and warm climate from November to April
Summer (Dec – Feb)
Autumn (March - May)
Winter (June – August)
Spring (September – November)
Life after uni
Sydney is the destination of choice for international corporations, business leaders, tourists and students. Studying in Australia’s commercial capital also provides students with more job opportunities. The majority of multinational corporations in Australia have based their headquarters in Sydney and businesses from all industries are thriving in Sydney, supported by the robust economy.
SIBT Sydney campus
Level 4 255 Elizabeth Street Sydney
Prospective Student Enquiries:
Telephone: +61 2 9964 6555