Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Latest Information

Exemptions / RPL

Students may apply for credit transfer for prior learning (exemptions) if they have undertaken formal study in recognised tertiary institutions in Australia.

These can include universities, colleges, TAFE, and other post-secondary educational institutions.

Overseas institutions will be recognised to the extent to which they are considered to be the equivalent of particular Australian institutions. Under certain conditions, consideration may extend to programs provided by recognised professional bodies, employers and other authorities where appropriate certification is available, and where students are able to demonstrate the relevant expertise and experience.

Students applying for exemptions must complete the Exemptions Application Form. Applications should be submitted to SIBT prior to enrolment. Applications can be sent by post, email or fax.
Please note: the originals or certified copies of the originals must also be posted if the application form is sent by email or fax.

Download the exemption application form here.