Diploma of Commerce
A Diploma of Commerce will provide you with essential accounting knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of all business functions, strategy and skills. You'll study first year subjects in management, marketing, finance and accounting, preparing you to advance into second year of your undergraduate degree at Macquarie University.
Your direct pathway to Macquarie University
Two or three semesters
February, June, October
Select eight units in total
- ACBE100 Academic Communication in Business and Economics
- ACCG100 Accounting 1A
- ACST101 Techniques and Elements of Finance
- BBA102 Principles of Management
- ECON111 Microeconomic Principles
- MKTG101 Marketing Fundamentals
- STAT170 Introduction to Statistics
Core or elective units depending on articulation
- ACCG101 Accounting 1B
- ACCG106 Accounting Information for Decision Making
- AFIN100 Introduction to Finance
- BBA111 Organisational Behaviour
- COMP115 Introduction to Computer Science
- COMP125 Fundamentals of Computer Science
- ECON110 Macroeconomic Principles
- HRM107 Introduction to Human Resources
- ISYS100 IT and Society
- ISYS104 Introduction to Business Information Systems
- ISYS114 Introduction to Systems Design and Data Management
- MATH130 Mathematics 1E
- MATH135 Mathematics 1A
- PHL137 Critical Thinking
Second year of your Macquarie University degree
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies* ** Ã¢?Â¡ U
- Bachelor of Applied Finance* U
- Bachelor of Arts U
- Bachelor of Business Administration U C
- Bachelor of Business Analytics U GPA 1.5
- Bachelor of Business Leadership and Commerce U GPA 3.0
- Bachelor of Global Business U GPA 1.5
- Bachelor of Commerce (majors in Accounting, Applied Econometrics, Business Demographics**, Business Information Systems, Commercial Law, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, International Business, Marketing)* U
- Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting* U C
- Bachelor of Economics* U
U Macquarie University C Macquarie City Campus GPA Minimum GPA required for transfer to Macquarie
*You must study prescribed units during the diploma to progress to the degree program. Please email SIBT at email@example.com for more information.
** Additional first-year degree units must be completed at Macquarie University. Please email SIBT at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Ã¢?Â¡ The total duration of the combined program (diploma and degree) is longer than three years. Please email SIBT at email@example.com for more information.
ÃÂ§ As well as the minimum GPA, you will need a high distinction in the Mathematics 1A unit and a credit in the Techniques and Elements of Finance unit to progress to the degree.
Employment and career paths
Accounting; actuarial; banking; economics; finance; human resource management; insurance; international business; management; marketing; stockbroking.
Average starting salaries
According to 2013 research conducted by Graduate Careers Australia, average national graduate starting salaries are: