High school students
If you are a year 12 school leaver, you should apply to SIBT through the NSW University Admissions Centre (UAC) for the first semester intake. Year 11 school leavers can apply for our Foundation program directly through the SIBT online application form.
Applying through UAC
Online UAC applications open in August for students intending to start their university studies the following year. For the first semester at SIBT, which starts in February, eligible students should apply through the UAC. To select SIBT as your preference, simply input the relevant UAC code (as provided under the section SIBT UAC codes) on your UAC application. FEE-HELP is also available for eligible students.
You can apply through UAC if you are:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- a New Zealand citizen
- a temporary resident currently studying an Australian Year 12* or International Baccalaureate in Australia or New Zealand.
SIBT UAC codes
|Diploma of Arts||640010|
|Diploma of Commerce||640030|
|Diploma of Communication||640040|
|Diploma of Computing||640050|
|Diploma of Engineering||640060|
|Associate of Degree in Business||640070|
Applying directly to SIBT
SIBT offers 3 semester intakes each year: February, July and October.
You can apply directly to SIBT if:
- You are not currently studying a standard Australian year 12 school curriculum
- You intend to submit an application to SIBT only
- The UAC rounds have closed for the February intake
If you are a year 11 student, you would need to apply for SIBT’s Foundation program before completing a diploma program.
June and October intakes
All students can apply directly to SIBT for these intakes.